Thursday 9 July 2020

UFO News Article:
“UFO Sighted On FM 413;
Followed Car For Miles –
Dim, Bright, Three Pointed”


22 November 1973
(The Rosebud News, Texas)

Source: NewspaperArchive.com

The whole article:
“ ‘It chased us, and we were scared, and our boys were scared,’ 
so said Mrs. Fay Seeley and Mrs. Fay Hileman Sunday night 
(18 November 1973) when they saw an Unidentified Flying Object (UFO) on FM 413 between Kendrick Ranch entrance and the Brazos River.

‘This is just too much. I know that people are just going to laugh at us. It is something you read in the papers and laugh at yourself, but our children saw it too, and we are all still scared,’ told Mrs. Seeley late Sunday night.

Mrs. Seeley, her sons Richard, 13, and Russell, 8, Mrs. Hileman and her son Richard, 7, were returning to Rosebud from a deer hunt near Buffalo. They were traveling on State Highway 14 and were nearing Bremond when Mrs. Hileman noticed a bright, then dimming light low in the sky. ‘I said nothing about it, because I thought it was a helicopter. I first told the others about it when we were on the highway between Bremond and State 6. They all began watching it then. It was when we turned from State 6 onto FM 1373 that we really noticed that something was really  happening, because first it was on our left side, then quicker than the eye could see, it was on our right,’ she said.

Richard Seeley told, ‘It was following us, but I did not say much about it. I knew that my mama was worried, and I was scared myself.’

They kept driving west on FM 413 and saw that the thing dimmed and got brighter, and seemed to disappear, but that when they neared the Brazos River Bridge, it appeared again, and they slowed down.

‘We were near the Kendrick Ranch house alongside the highway, and I saw that the thing was going to land in front of us on the highway. It never did land but was about treetop high and was blocking my way, so I stopped. No, I did not stop, I don’t think. I whirled the car around and got out of there fast as I could, and it still followed us and stayed behind us and I was driving as fast as I could but it was still right there all the time, but when we got to Reagan and got back on State 6 we were behind another car and the thing just seemed to lift up and disappear,’ so related Mrs. Seeley.

Richard Seeley was asked what the UFO looked like to him, and he said, ‘I don’t know, but it was pointed on top.’

Mrs. Hileman told that, ‘it was, I guess sort of round and had a point on top and two on the bottom. When it would be bright, I could not see the points too well, but when it got dimmer, you could see the points real well, and there were the shadows it cast when it was just over the highway.’ I just wish that Cecil (Tiny) would have been with us, because he will never believe this.’

A call was made to Mrs. Seeley Monday morning, and she tells, ‘I just do not believe that the thing would have let me drive on any farther. I did not sleep last night, and may not sleep any tonight. I just know that the thing would not have let me go by.’

Were there others that saw this UFO? Well, maybe. Four of us Killgores were riding back along this same highway about 8 p.m. Sunday, and the question was asked, ‘Is that the comet?’ Off toward the south was a star-like object that would glow a bit, then get dimmer, but it seemed a long way off.

On Saturday evening Mrs. Weldon Walston told of seeing a bright light to the south of their home near Powers Chapel. On Sunday night Homer Seeley told that he noticed a brightness outside their home in the Pleasant Grove community. Mrs. Myrtle Scarborough told of seeing something bright crossing the sky from south to east at Wilderville store. This has been seen a couple of times in the past few days. A motorist told Marlin police recently about such an object following his car along State 6 from the Reagan to Marlin route.

Is there such a thing? Some say ‘Yes, I believe it.’ Others just laugh when told the story. There are scientists who say that there are such things and there are supposedly photos taken of such objects in the sky.

Should anyone in the area see another such UFO, they are urged to contact this writer in Rosebud at any time of the day or night.”

My comment:
The UFO was first sighted near Bremond, Texas, according to the article.

Bremond’s location is 7.5 kilometres (4.7 miles) to the north of the Twin Oaks Power Station, according to Google Earth.

I also reported about this UFO case on 29 January 2011 and 
28 July 2019.


Wikipedia article: “Bremond, Texas”:


Wikipedia article: “Rosebud, Texas”:


Related posts:







realtvufos.blogspot.com/search?q=1973








(Image: The Rosebud News)











Bremond and Twin Oaks Power Station, Texas
(Photo: Google)








Map of Falls County, Texas, highlighting Rosebud
(Text: Wikipedia) (Image: wikimedia.org)














Satellite photo of Rosebud, Texas (tageo.com)
(Photo: tageo.com)